- Sushi Nagashima – the best cheap sushi in Sydney. And the most authentic!
- Where to find Mont Blanc cake in Sydney – all revealed!
- Fujiya 1935 – 2 Michelin star Osaka restaurant
- Kyushu Trip Part II – a Day in Nagasaki
- Mont Blanc – most popular cake in Japan
- Kyushu Trip Part I – Things You Didn’t Know About Fukuoka
- The twin disaster is changing the cultural landscape
- Foreign teachers stay in Tohoku + Coolest Charity to donate to
- Review of Kikunoi Roan – a classic Kyoto kaiseki
- What is REALLY happening in Japan?
- Japan – to go or not to go?
- Fifty Samurai
- The lights are out in Tokyo, Japan
- Help Japan
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Did you know there are 200,000 restaurants in Tokyo? A lot of them are very, very good. Tokyo has the highest concentration of Michelin star restaurants in a single city. But the greatest joy about eating Japanese in Japan is … Continue reading
Not so long ago, I wrote about Japan’s most popular cake – my favourite cake! – Mont Blanc. To my surprise, this has become the most popular post in the short history of Plan Japan. What do you know, people … Continue reading
We were lucky to get a booking in Fujiya 1935, for a night that fell on our 2 year wedding anniversary. I was browsing Michelin guide for a somewhat ‘molecular’ restaurant in Osaka, and Fujiya 1935 jumped out at me. Chef Tetsuya Fujiwara opened his restaurant in … Continue reading