- Sushi Nagashima – the best cheap sushi in Sydney. And the most authentic!
- Where to find Mont Blanc cake in Sydney – all revealed!
- Fujiya 1935 – 2 Michelin star Osaka restaurant
- Kyushu Trip Part II – a Day in Nagasaki
- Mont Blanc – most popular cake in Japan
- Kyushu Trip Part I – Things You Didn’t Know About Fukuoka
- The twin disaster is changing the cultural landscape
- Foreign teachers stay in Tohoku + Coolest Charity to donate to
- Review of Kikunoi Roan – a classic Kyoto kaiseki
- What is REALLY happening in Japan?
- Japan – to go or not to go?
- Fifty Samurai
- The lights are out in Tokyo, Japan
- Help Japan
Tag Archives: Kaishoku Shimizu
As I was browsing Michelin Guide pages for a replacement booking in Osaka, I came across the blurb on the small kaiseki restaurant Kaishoku Shimizu: “an intellectually inquisitive young owner-chef Toshihiro Shimizu even took a course in agriculture to learn more about his … Continue reading
I thought I’d learnt the lessons of not booking early enough when it comes to Japan’s hottest restaurants. For the 2009 trip, with a few weeks to spare, I was miraculously given a lunch time table at L’Osier, after begging … Continue reading